If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser, the humble chicken wing is it! If you’re looking for a snack while watching a big game or you want a heavy dose of protein to fuel you before you venture out into the night, chicken wings, when perfectly seasoned and crispy, hit the spot!
Why Chicken Wings?
Chicken wings are an amazing addition in any setting. A very simple dish but has become the key ingredient in almost any setting. From the Hop Lounge bar in Montana that’s all about beer, wings, and vinyl to the streets of South Wales in the UK! A very simple yet effective addition that has a touch of trendiness right now. But even if you’re not after the hipster vibe that chicken wings bring these days, they are easy to eat so you can have a conversation while munching on them, but when flavored right, they can be an absolute game-changer. Let’s show you an amazing combination of crispy chicken skin and tender, juicy meat.
- 2 lb of chicken wings split into drumettes and flats.
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- ½ a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Your favorite dipping sources (we like blue cheese!)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent the wings from sticking and will make for an easy and effortless cleanup after everybody’s consumed your wings!
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels. This is absolutely pivotal if you want crispy wings. Once you’re done with this, place the wings in a large bowl.
- Add your seasoning by mixing the baking powder, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Make sure the mixture is sprinkled evenly all over the chicken wings. Don’t leave out the baking powder because this is critical to helping achieve that crispy skin.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the wings and toss the wings until everything is evenly coated. The oil is going to add moisture to the wings and will help crisp up your chicken.
- Arrange the wings on your baking sheet, ensuring they’re not touching to allow the hot air to circulate around each wing so they can cook evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the wings are crispy and golden brown. Halfway through, flip the wings so you can get even crispiness on both sides.
- When the wings are done, remove them and let them rest for a couple of minutes. Be sure to serve these wings hot, either by themselves or with your favorite dipping sauces. For a tangy twist, honey mustard or barbecue sauce are always crowd pleasers, but you can also have your wings as part of a delectable buffet along with other meats.
Crispy baked chicken wings are not hard to achieve. Whether you are hosting a gathering or after a delicious snack, these wings are going to satisfy everyone! Simple to make, even simpler to chow down on!