So for the start of summer I have gone for a nice light main course which won’t take too long to cook in the heat. It gets very hot here in Portugal from July onwards even with air conditioning.
So with the heat in mind my recipes can be cooked out side on a BBQ, the main course anyway. For pudding this month I have gone for a Lemon shortbread with some ice cream on the side or a bit of cream.
The shortbread can be cooked on a morning when it is coolest, yes you will have to get up early to do that, I don’t like getting up early when it is hot but sometimes you have too.
Grilled Fish Recipe:
1 – 1 1/2 lbs Fish Fillet (A Firm Fish Is Preferred, Such As Grouper, Swordfish, Or Halibut)
Lemon Soy Marinade
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (Or 1 Clove Of Garlic, Minced)
1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine ingredients for the marinade in a jar or bottle and shake until well blended. Place fish in a shallow dish and cover with marinade.
2. Marinate fish in refrigerator for up to 1 hour. Grill fish over medium heat for about 6 minutes per side depending on thickness of fish.
3. Serve with new potatoes and green vegetables.
1.75 Cups of Plain Flour
8 oz of Butter
6 oz Sugar
Salt for Seasoning
zest of 1 lemon
1. Firstly preheat the oven to 350F and sift the flour onto a board. Place the sugar on a separate pile on the board and work in the butter and add the lemon zest.
2. Gradually knead in flour until you have ended up with a firm but smooth dough. Add some extra flour to the board and roll to a thickness of between 3mm to 5mm.
3. Cut into circles and prick with a fork. Now bake on a greased tray for 30 minutes.
Thanks for reading my blog post and in the meantime if you would like to read more of my fantastic cooking tips and food recipes you can subscribe to my RSS feed or join my free online Ezine.
To your food heaven