Since the middle of Febuary here in Portugal the weather has being brilliant for this time of the year. So I have decided to include a salad in my meals this month. I think this salad will be cheap to make anywhere in the world.
The Bacon Lettuce and Tomato salad is one of my favourites because it is easy to make quick and simple but that doesn’t take away from the way it tastes. My dessert this month is going to be chocolate trifle.
I love this dessert because it is sweet, sticky and very naughty but extremely nice. It is very easy to make and most of the ingredients we have already in the cupboard so it makes it cheaper to make.
BLT Pasta Salad:
1 (7oz) Rotini Pasta Noodles (Cooked/Drained)
8 Slices Bacon (Cooked Until Crispy/Crumbled)
1 Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Cup Lemon Juice Concentrate
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Chicken Flavoured Instant Bouillon
1 Large Tomato (Seeded/Chopped)
¼ Cup Red Onion (Sliced)
4 Cup Iceberg Lettuce (Thinly Sliced)
1. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chicken flavour instant bouillon, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
2. In a serving bowl add noodles, bacon, tomato, and green onions, Toss with dressing. Stir in lettuce right before serving.
200g Bar Continental Plain Chocolate
2 x 500g Fresh Custard
1 Pack 4 Double Chocolate Muffins
2 x 425g Black Cherries, In Syrup, Drained
6 tbsp Cherry Brandy
284ml Pot Extra Thick Double Cream
1-2 Bars Cadbury’s Flake, Crumbled And Chilled
1. Break the chocolate into even-sized pieces and place into a heatproof bowl. Rest over a pan of gently simmering water for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Carefully stir the custard into the chocolate, cover and allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, cut each of the muffins into 4-5 thick slices. Arrange half the muffins in the base of a large glass trifle bowl and cover with half the cherries.
3. Sprinkle with half the cherry brandy then spoon over half the chocolate custard. Repeat the layers. Chill until needed. Just before serving the trifle, remove from the fridge and cover with the double cream. Then sprinkle with the crumbled Flakes.
To your food heaven