Protein is an essential part of are diet and it can be found in various things that are quite common. Red meat, milk, cheese. And due to the government’s latest report on red meat stating 1lb of meat could increase your risks of getting cancer.
I don’t think I will be giving up any red meat any time soon. Is there really anything that you can eat now that doesn’t cause a risk to something or another. If you did everything governments say what a life you would lead.
I am a great believer in everything is ok in small amounts. If you overdose on anything be it food, alcohol, cigarettes and chocolate then you do run the risk of serious disease. But you can enjoy all of these in small amounts.
Here is my list of foods that are protein rich and don’t include any meat produce, I was quite surprised when I was doing my research.
2. Avocado is a great source of protein and also contains fibre as well. Which will help with your digestion.
3. Peas, either fresh or frozen have high protein content. And contain various other vitamins including vitamin k and vitamin c.
4. Peanut butter is full of protein. Peanuts are a great source of them but they do contain high levels of fats.
5. Coconut Milk is pure protein. As is the flesh but it is high in saturated fat which can be dangerous if you have too much.
6. Beetroot is high in protein. I like it pickled and mixed in a salad. It also has high levels of antioxidants which is good for your health.
7. Oats have quite a high level of protein and have being proven to help keep you feeling full for longer which can help with your diet.
8. Marmite is quite big over in Europe as a good source of protein. The thing is how do you eat it, you either love it or hate it. I am the latter.
9. Eggs are a good source of protein and they are a very versatile food, but again too many eggs are deemed bad for you but 1-2 a week should be fine.
10. Yoghurt is a great source of protein for all those that like a pudding. You can have so many varieties of yoghurts it is hard to choose a favourite.
Here is my list of different food types that contain a great amount of protein and various other good things for your body. This list could also help you out when you need to know if you have had a good amount of protein or not.
Thanks for reading my blog post and in the meantime if you would like to read more of my fantastic healthy eating cooking tips and food recipes you can subscribe to my RSS feed or join my free online Ezine.
To your food heaven