Happy New Year to all my blog readers. I thought I would start this year with a Turkey Stir Fry as you attempt to get rid of the rest of your Christmas leftovers. We personally had a turkey stir fry on boxing day and it was wonderful. Plus it felt even better knowing how little it actually cost!!!!
Many don’t realise the asset of actually freezing some of their turkey once it is cool and then it will last even longer. So you could be having your christmas turkey on valentines day!!!
For the dessert I have opted for a victoria sandwich cake because it is really cheap to make, quick and you can get many days use from it.
Turkey Stir Fry:
600g Left Over Turkey Pieces
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Grated Ginger
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Carrot, Thinly Sliced
½ Green Capsicum, Thinly Sliced
2 Small Sticks Celery, Thinly Sliced
2 Shallots, Chopped
200g Snow Peas
½ Cup Oyster/Soy Sauce
100g Button Mushrooms, Sliced
1. Heat half oil in a frying pan or wok, stir fry turkey pieces, garlic & ginger 3 minutes. Remove. Heat remaining oil.
2. Stir fry vegetables 2 minutes. Return turkey pieces etc. Stir in Oyster/Soy Sauce.
3. Heat through 2-3 minutes.
4. You could also add some egg noodles if you wanted, cook as per the packet.
Victoria Sandwich Cake:
8oz of Butter
8oz of Sugar
4 Large Eggs
8oz Self Raising Flour
Jam for Filling
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Cream
1. Firstly you need to preheat the oven to 180c and then using an electric mixer you want to cream together the butter and sugar until light but fluffy. Then in another bowl break the eggs and mix lightly before adding them gradually a bit at a time to the other bowl until thoroughly mixed together.
2. Now add the flour to the mixture via a sieve stirring gently with a metal spoon until it is all mixed in and no flour is visible. Divide the mixture between the two baking tins. Pat it a couple of times so that it is flat and then place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
3. When it has cooled for a few minutes using a knife around the edges remove them from their baking tins and place on a cooling tray. Now place a layer of jam on the base of one of the cakes and then whip the cream and place it on the other. Once you have done this and made sure that it is smooth sandwich them together.
4. Finally sieve the icing sugar over the top of the Victoria sponge and enjoy your treat.
To your food heaven
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details