For my October recipes I have chosen Bangers and mash and Gingerbread. I find both are cheap and very easy to prepare. They are ideal for a small family or large family. My sausages always have to be the thick ones.
I am sorry but there just is no comparison. Pork or beef sausages are fine; if you buy them in bulk they will be cheaper. Potatoes are not too expensive but they are far better than packet mash.
I can not think of anything worse than packet mash potato so please if you are thinking that the best way to go for convenience is packet mash then please think again. I think fresh potatoes are cheaper. My Gingerbread recipe is an old family favouritewhich i hope you like. I hope you enjoy these recipes.
Bangers And Mash:
16 x Sausages Of Your Choice
1 tblsp Olive Oil
675g /1.5lbs Potatoes
Salt And Ground Pepper
1 tblsp Flour
250ml/9fl oz Stock
2. In a large frying pan heat the oil and add the sausages, cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the skin to brown turn each sausage until it has browned on two or three sides. Place the frying pan in the oven (plastic handles? Transfer to roasting tray) Cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
To test if the sausages are cooked either:
Cut one sausage in half and visually check the flesh is cooked all the way through – still pink? Return to the oven or Insert a thermometer if its above 75oC it will be ready.
3. Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until soft and tender. Drain then mash the potatoes with the margarine, add the salt and pepper to your taste.
4. Remove the sausages from the pan. Add the flour to the fats and juices left in the pan. Stir over a moderate heat for 1 minute add the stock and increase the heat. Stir vigorously to remove any lumps then season with salt and pepper.
5. I also like to add some cheese to my mash with a dash of mustard and sometimes some salad cream!
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Sour Milk
3 Cups of Plain Flour
0.75 Cup of Molasses
0.75 Cup of Melted Shortening
2 Medium Beaten Eggs
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon of Ginger
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
0.25 Teaspoon Salt
2. Add milk to the first mixture and then add the second mixture to the first. Beat the mixture until you have a stiff substance.
3. Now transfer the mixture onto a medium sized oven tin at 375c for 40 minutes or until a fork entered into the middle comes out completely clean.
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details