For my December Recipes for $7 I have chosen Potato Gratin and a Chocolate Cheese cake. Potatoes are inexpensive around the world so you should not have any problems getting a cheap bag of those.
With the cheese cake you might already be able to source some ingredients from your cupboard already if you are a keen cook and like to cook at home. So you might not have to buy too many ingredients.
I personally do not like cheese cake that much but the rest of my family really loves it. If you get it right then the cheesecake can be unbelievable but sometimes like myself if you get it wrong the rest of your family will soon let you know!
Au Gratin Potato:
30g/1oz Unsalted Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled/Chopped
285ml/½ pt Double Cream
110g/4oz Mature Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Salt And Ground Black Pepper
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Gently melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the cream and cheese and simmer gently for a few minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Season. Drain the potatoes, and once cool enough to handle, slice. Layer the slices into an ovenproof gratin dish.
3. Pour the creamy cheese mixture over the potatoes. Serve.
4. I like to bake this dish with some grated cheese over the top mixed with some breadcrumbs then put in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes.
Chocolate Cheese Cake:
1 1/2 Cup Light Process Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup 1% Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 Cup Plus 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Semi Sweet Chocolate
1. Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in bottom of a 7-inch spring-form pan. Set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and next 6 ingredients, processing until smooth.
2. Add egg and process just until blended. Fold in the chocolate morsels. Slowly pour mixture over crumbs in pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 65 to 70 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
3. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Remove sides of pan, and transfer cheesecake to a serving platter. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details