For my September recipes I have chosen a rustic starter. A lovely autumn soup, it is very filling and full of vegetables and abit of meat. I like to use chicken instead of Turkey because I can utilise the rest of the chicken in the main course.
For my main course I am going for a basic chicken curry because when you are on a budget it is great to be able to make 2 dishes out of the one piece of meat. I find this curry recipe very tasty indeed.
It is a pretty basic recipe when you fist look at it but it certainly doesn’t lack any flavour. I hope you enjoy these 2 money saving recipes, I certainly enjoy putting them together for you.
Autumn Soup Recipe:
1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
1 Onion, Chopped
1 Cup Carrots, Chopped
1 Cup Celery, Diced
1 Cup Potatoes, Cubed
3 Cup Beef Stock
2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 Bay Leaf
1/8 tsp Basil
1 Can Tomatoes
1. In large saucepan brown the meat, drain off fat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except tomatoes. Heat until boiling, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer 20 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Add bouquet sauce if desired. Remove bay leaf.
3. Then serve the soup I like it with toasted thick bread.
Basic Chicken Curry Recipe:
2 Large Onions
2 tbs Sugar
1 tbs Curry Powder
6 Heaped tbs Plain Flour
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
6 Cups Chicken Stock
2. Add curry powder, flour, salt & pepper, fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add sugar, stock & stir until thick.
4. Add chicken & simmer 15 minutes.
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details