As we enter December it is the time of year that we start enjoying the wonderful winter food. First on our agenda is always a lovely hearty soup. So for the first course this month I have gone with broccoli soup to warm you up during this cold time of year.
For the main course I have settled with Shepherds Pie that is beautiful british dish that is well loved throughout the world. You could either have it with beef for cottage pie or lamb to make a traditional shepherds pie.
The choice is entirely yours.
8 Strips Bacon
1/4 Cup Flour
4 Cup Milk
20 oz Mixed vegetables
10 oz Broccoli, Chopped
Fine Onion (Chopped)
1. Boil mixed vegetables and broccoli (chopped fine). Set aside to drain. Fry bacon until crispy. Set aside bacon.
2. Pour enough bacon grease in soup pan to cover bottom of pan. Simmer onions until clear. Mix 1/4 cup flour. Then add 4 cups milk. Stir well.
3. Add vegetables and bacon. Simmer until soup is thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. This soup could be saved for the next day when the flavours will be better.
1 Large Onion, Chopped
2 Medium Carrots, Chopped
2-3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 (14 1/2 oz) Can Beef Broth
1 1/2 lbs Ground Lamb/beef
1 (8 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Rubbed Sage
2 Cups Hot Mashed Potatoes
1. In a saucepan, combine onion, carrots, garlic and broth. Bring to the boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
2. Drain, reserving liquid to make gravy, if desired. In a skillet, cook the lamb until browned; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add reserved vegetables and mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
4. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
5. If desired, make gravy with reserved vegetable liquid; serve with the pie.
To your food heaven
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details