Even though we are in our third month now and winter is approaching it is still nice to have a stir fry at this time of year. I personally prefer Pork or Chicken because you can alter the recipe to suit and make it with all your favourite flavours. Compared to beef which you are often restricted on seasoning.
You can make your pork stir fry into a much lower calorie meal just by replacing any oil with one calorie spray.
For the dessert I have opted for one of my wifes favourite, apple crumble. It is really nice to have at this time of year and if you are feeling really naughty you can have it with cream.
Pork Stir Fry:
600g Pork Strips
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Grated Ginger
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Carrot, Thinly Sliced
½ Green Capsicum, Thinly Sliced
2 Small Sticks Celery, Thinly Sliced
2 Shallots, Chopped
200g Snow Peas
½ Cup Soy/Oyster Sauce
100g Button Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Pack Easy Cook Noodles
1. Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet then drain
2. Heat half oil in frying pan or wok, stir fry pork strips, garlic & ginger for 3 minutes. Remove. Heat remaining oil.
3. Stir fry vegetables 2 minutes. Return pork strips etc.
4. Stir in Soy Sauce. Then add the noodles.
5. Heat through 2-3 minutes.
Apple Crumble Recipe:
4-6 Cooking Apples
½ Cup Sugar
1 Cup Plain Flour
3 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Coconut
3 tbsp Butter
1. Peel & core apples and cut into eighths. Place in a saucepan with sugar and water and simmer gently until soft. Allow to cool then pour into pie dish, keeping back excess juices.
2. Place flour in a bowl and rub butter in with fingers. Add sugar, coconut and salt and mix well together. Sprinkle lightly on top of the apples. Bake in a moderate oven until apple bubbles through the crumble.
3. Place under griller for a few mins & brown crumble on top (if desired). Serve hot or cold with custard, cream or ice-cream or caramel sauce.
To your food heaven
The ultimate recipe book collection provides you with a vast amount of recipes that you can try at home to impress family and friends with. Whether you want to try a new diet recipe, make pizza with the kids or improve your baking skills we have the recipe for you!!!They have been put together with you in mind and can really make a difference to your cookery needs.
You can click here for further details